Sunday, September 12, 2010

Zucchini Noodles with Marinaded Veggies

As I type I am delayed in the Charlotte Airport.  I'm suppose to be in St. Augustine, FL to hear Dr. Brian Clement speak at Present Moment Cafe but alas, I'm here so thought I'd blog my dinner from last night to help ease my pain.

Made a great dish with zucchini.  Instead of running the zucchini through the "spaghetti" attachment of the spiroslicer I used the flat blade and made beautiful ribbons.  I marinaded the ribbons in a couple tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh basil and some red pepper flakes.  I then took baby portabello mushrooms, onions, and red and yellow peppers and marinades them separately in a couple tablespoons of olive oil, balsalmic vinegar, and agave.  After about an hour, I threw everything into the dehydrator for about an hour.  The result was quite tasty.  If I had more time I would have left it in the dehydrator for at least 2.5 hours.  Next time...........................