Monday, September 27, 2010

Present Moment Cafe

I soooooo dig the North Florida raw scene!!!  Check out this dish that I ate at Present Moment Cafe this afternoon. This was one of the Specials - Nachos!  The raw corn tortilla chips were piled high with Romaine lettuce, guacamole, cashew sour cream, cashew cheese, nut pate, salsa and sprouts. I'll be spending the next several days trying to "crack the code" on how I can prepare this dish in my own kitchen!!  My only regret with this dish is that it was so good that I ate the whole thing and didn't have room to get desserts!

According to Travel Adivsor, Present Moment Cafe is ranked #7 out of 266 restaurants in St. Augustine which should give you an idea of the quality of the food.  Raw restaurants normally have a small menu but theirs is large in comparison - lots of variety!

The restaurant itself is funky, eclectic, and cool.  It's got a great vibe that is matched by their awesome, friendly staff.  Since I'm only in the area on business I'm a single diner. However, eating at Present Moment Cafe makes me feel like I'm just hanging out at a cool restaurant with good friends - I could have stayed all day and shot the you-know-what with the bartendar (he's hilarious)!  If you are in the area definitely check them out.