Monday, August 16, 2010

Water - The Liquid of Life

Water is an incredible thing!  It truly is the Liquid of Life. Though I'm a Fire Sign, I seek water everywhere I go.  The first plunge under an ocean wave is a renewing, cleansing experience to me.  Water can soothe us, heal us, renew us, refresh us, revitalize us, reward us, and keep us alive.

Clean water is vital to our good health and it's worth investing in.  Good clean water is needed to help eliminate toxins, keep blood flowing and help with digestion and metabolism.  I have an inexpensive (about $150) reverse osmosis system installed on my kitchen sink so that all water that I am ingesting is clean, pure and has a great pH.  Here are some interesting water facts to think about today:

• You can live 40 days without food, but only 3 without water.
• You can loose 50% of your glucose, body fat or protein and survive, but if you loose 20% water, you'll die of dehydration.
• Babies are 90% water, adults about 70%, elderly about 60%.

Most cooked food doesn't contain much water:

• Bread 30%,
• Butter 16%
• Cheese 40%
• Cereal 5%.

But raw vegetables have a lot:

• Cucumbers, celery and lettuce 95%.
• Broccoli, cabbage, carrots, peaches, strawberries 90%.