Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Afterglow Cosmetics - My New Obsession

Are all organic makeup lines created equal?  NO!  I was truly floored when I learned about what is lurking in some well know "organic" and "mineral based" make up lines.  I recently had an opportunity to meet with the founder of Afterglow Cosmetics, Kristen Adams, who developed her line to meet her own makeup.  The research and care that goes into each one of her products is evident.  Ever detail - from the ingredients to the packaging to the manufacturing - must meet her strict criteria before making it to market.  Not only are their products organic and free of free of synthetic preservatives, bismuth oxychloride, petro-chemicals, synthetic dyes and fillers.......but they are a make-up maven's dream!  As I type I am wearing my new obsession - Coo Lip Smoother!  Luv this stuff!

One interesting point that Kristen brought to my attention is that a lot of consumers and dermatologists go to great lengths to ensure the facial cleansers, scrubs, and lotions they use are safe and chemical free. However, they neglect to extend their "skin care" regime to cosmetics.  Facial cleansers are immediately washed off but cosmetics are worn for several hours.  Cosmetics are left on the skin for several hours and the ingredients can be absorb into the body.  Given that, shouldn't your cosmetic selection be even more critical than your cleanser selection?

If you are looking for a real organic, safe, and beautiful cosmetic line definitely check out Afterglow Cosmetics!