Thursday, October 7, 2010

Luna's Living Kitchen - MUY BUENO!!

I had the absolute pleasure of trying Charlotte's newest (and only!) raw restaurant today - Luna's Living Kitchen.  To say that I was stoked on my experience is an understatement.  Luna's is in a great, trendy location nestled between Evolution Fitness and the Atherton Mill Farmer's Market.  The atmosphere is casual, tres cool, and comfy. 

Andy, one of Luna's fab culinary squad, recommended the Lunasagna which was artfully constructed with layers of zucchini, sundried tomato sauce, green cashew cheese, and topped with marinaded cucumber slices.  This was pared up with some fresh greens and clover sprouts. Crazy delicious!!!  The sundried tomato sauce was richly flavored with a slight sweetness which was great against the cashew cheese and the coolness of the zucchini.   I rounded my meal out with some Popeye Juice which is a blend of spinach, pineapple, papaya, and hemp protein.

As I was getting ready to leave, a customer at a neighboring table received her meal - the Sprouted Quinoa-Kalmut Veggie Burger.  I was going to ask her how it was but all I needed to see was her taking one bite.  Her eye went half closed, she slumped in her chair, and just nodded her head yes while she smiled and chewed.  No need to ask - that said it all...................................

If you are in Charlotte, definately cruise to 2120 South Blvd and check them out.