1. Cancer Prevention: Avocados have been studied for their benefits in preventing breast, prostate and oral cancers.
2. Peeper Protection: Because avocados contain a high amount of lutein that can help protect your eyes from cataract formation and macular degeneration.
3. Keeps Your Ticker in Tip Top Shape: One cup of avocado has 23% of the recommended daily value of folate. Studies show that people who eat diets rich in folate have a much lower incidence of heart disease than those who don't. The vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, and glutathione in avocado are also great for your heart.
4. Lowers Cholesterol: Studies show that people who increased their intake of avocado started to show a lowering of cholesterol in as little as one week.
5. Vitamin E: Avocados are a rich source of vitamin E for overall good health.
Now, avocado and chocolate?????? YES! The recipe below make the creamiest, most decadent, chocolate pudding you will ever eat. Give it a try:
In a food processor or heavy duty blender – puree avocados, cocoa powder, honey, coconut milk, vanilla extract and orange zest until smooth. ENJOY!!