- Nearly 20 percent of American doctors get paid by drug companies to be consultants or speakers.
- On the drug companies' payrolls, nearly 200 Georgia doctors, pulled in over $2.2 million last year.
- In 2009, seven reporting pharmaceutical companies paid $109 billion dollars to doctors to promote their drugs at peer-to-peer meetings.
- A recent review found that about two-thirds of academic medical centers hold equity interest in companies that sponsor research within the same institution (JAMA 2008).
- A study of medical school department chairs found that two-thirds received departmental income from drug companies and three-fifths received personal income (JAMA, Sep 2008)
- A study of 200 panels that issued practice guidelines found that more than one third of the authors acknowledged that they had some financial interest in the drugs they recommended.
- Many members of the FDA’s 16 standing committees that advise the FDA on drug approvals also have financial ties to drug companies.
- Over half of Continuing Medical Education seminars are funded by the drug industry.
- Go here to find out if your doctor receives money from drug companies: http://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/
Clearly, this is not a system designed to cure disease as there is no money to be made from healthy people.
Now consider these facts:
- Less than 6% of doctors get adequate nutritional training during medical school. They are trained to treat disease with pharmaceuticals.
- Our healthcare system is the THIRD largest killer in America claiming over 250,000 deaths per year.
12,000 due to unnecessary surgery
7,000 due to medication error in the hospital
20,000 due to other hospital errors
80,000 due to hospital based infections
106,000 due to adverse events from prescription drugs
- Degenerative diseases are nearly non existent in wild animals unless their raw food supply has been altered.
- Commonalities of people who live in Blue Zones (unique places where people live long without disease) are gardening, primarily plant based diets, lots of sunshine, and consumption of superfoods.
- Doctors such as Dr. Gabriel Cousens, MD, boast a 90% cure rate of Type II diabeties when patients follow a raw, plant based diet (no person has been cured with pharmaceuticals).
I've never sold a drug that cured anything, but I have seen miracles happen with food.