Monday, November 1, 2010

Soup Weather

We are finally getting fall weather in the Carolina's.  It's during this time of year I feel my "raw resolve" being most tested.  Once there is crispness in the air I begin craving warm, earthy soups.  I made this Corn Soup - not exactly earthy, but yummy!!! -  at a recent seminar that I was teaching and it was a big hit.  I chose it for a demo due to it's simplicity and universal appeal.  As most of you know, if you leave your high speed blender running for a minute or two it will warm your soup. Just watch so that it doesn't heat up into the "kill zone" at around 118 degrees.  Enjoy!!

Corn Soup
2 servings

2 cups corn kernels
1 cup nut milk
1 tablespoons olive oil
3 green onions, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, minced
1 stalk celery, minced
cayenne, salt and pepper to taste

In a blender, blend half of the corn, nut milk and olive oil until smooth - keep it blending if you want to heat it up a bit. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse a few times to incorporate (you'll want it to remain "chunky").  Enjoy!